Audit logs are a section of the Entryfy Board that allows you to observe user activities within the system, as well as track what sort of actions you and other system administrators have taken.
By default, the page shows the activities of user ID 1 over the span of the last month. Use the fields
to change the interval or select a different user from the list.
Use the field to search for a certain time, date or type of logs.
Click on the button to download the automatically generated report for the specified user and/or time interval.
User's Audit logs may show the following records:
- Admin area login - a record appearing when a user with the corresponding clearance enters the Entryfy Board.
Note: Admin area login activity is not shown every time the administrator accesses the admin space. The system is configured to make such records only when something unusual is noticed. For example, a different web browser, a different PC or a different laptop is used. Hence, Admin area login record always appears when an administrator enters the area for the first time or with the help of the previously unused software or hardware, but may not necessarily appear if the administrator routinely enters and leaves the admin panel.
- Login from unrecognized device - a record of a user entering Entryfy mobile app from the new to the system device.
Entryfy automatically marks a mobile device the first time a user uses it for logging into the system. That's when the record "Login from unrecognized device" is made. Such a log may also appear after the operating system of the device is updated or the device is reloaded. Therefore, it's normal for such a log to be made once in a while - once in a week or once in a month.
Not normal is when such a log is made once or twice a day. This most likely means that the system is intentionally abused.
- Door opened - user opened a door.
- Added to a group - user has been added to a group.
- Removed from a group - user has been removed from a group.
Read the Groups article to learn what a group is and how adding/removing a user from a group affects user's credentials.
- Door open attempt failed - user tried to open a door either he/she is not allowed to in general or is not allowed to at the given moment of time.
- Keycard added - user successfully registered a keycard using his/her default mobile app's functionality.
- Keycard failed to add - user tried to register a keycard, but the attempt was unsuccessful.
Read the How to add a keycard? article to understand why the keycard could fail to add and which steps you should take in that regard.
- Permissions expired - one or more user's credentials became invalid.
Note: Unless the permissions have already been prolonged, the user with expired permissions will no longer be able to open some or all of the organization's doors. Expired users and groups are highlighted red in the corresponding sections of the system (Users and Groups tabs). If your Entryfy system configuration implies check-in to exit the area, expired permissions may lead to people being trapped inside.
- User updated - user successfully regenerated the personal QR code, passcode or assigned/modified the PIN code or keycard using his/her default mobile app's functionality.