Although Entryfy is designed with a focus on mobile-based authentication, the system supports the legacy physical credentials - keycards, RFID tags, etc.
Avoid using keycards as regular credentials. Compared to other auth types supported by the system, keycards provide a relatively low level of protection.
The system itself is not limited in the standards of keycards it can deal with. The limitations are dictated mainly by the readers the given access control system employs. Entryfy supports the unlimited number of physical credentials. There are no branded Entryfy cards - you're free to use any card or tag for as long as the readers support it.
It's possible to use the same keycards that were in use in the same system before the Entryfy integration. For this, however, they'll need to be manually added to the database according to the standard keycard addition rules.
Every new keycard must be added to the system manually. End users and organization administrators add keycards in different ways.
In Entryfy system, keycard is added in two steps:
- Keycard registration - keycard gets connected to a user's profile.
- Keycard assignment - keycard gets added to the list of credentials that can open the given door(s).
This is the same for both keycard addition scenarios.
I want to add a keycard as an organization administrator
The keycard addition procedure from the Entryfy Board is described in detail in the Users article. Make sure you've read it to use the system to its fullest potential, in a convenient and time-efficient manner.
In the Audit logs, I've noticed "Keycard failed to add" record(s) what do I do?
Every time a user is trying to add a keycard, the system makes records, no matter the success of the operation. Unsuccessful attempts may be registered if the door controller is offline at the moment or something is wrong with the system overall. If you notice a record about an unsuccessful keycard addition attempt (or a few of them) that is not followed by the "Keycard added" record, consider contacting the user directly to learn what's wrong.
I want to add a keycard as a mobile app user
To understand how to add a keycard using your smartphone and Entryfy app, please, read the Entryfy iOS/Android app user manual. The article contains information that will make your interaction with Entryfy system more enjoyable while giving you knowledge about what you can, what you cannot and what you shouldn't do to use the system to its fullest potential.
The keycard registration failed, what do I do?
Because the keycard registration procedure requires reliable internet connection from both the door controller and your mobile device, keycard registration attempts may fail. You're always informed about it. The notification, however, may be instant or may arrive a few minutes after the action is taken. In both cases, wait a few minutes and try again. If the second attempt is also unsuccessful, do the following:
- Make sure your device has the internet connection at the moment. The application is constantly monitoring the quality of your internet connection and will be displaying the red-colored "Connection lost" bar for as long as the internet is unavailable.
- If the connection is available but the keycard still fails to add, go to any other door that you're sure belongs to the Entryfy system. This door may belong to a different organization or be the one that you're not supposed to have access to. For the keycard registration procedure, you can use any door across the system.
- If the keycard still fails to add or no other door is available, contact your system administrator.