Users is a section of the Entryfy board, where you can create new users and conduct the basic management of those already created.
General rule: The system may take some time (normally, no more than 3 minutes) to add a new user to the database. The more groups or group sets you assign the user to, the more time it will take for the system to accomplish all the procedures. It's a normal system behavior to not show the new user in the list for 5-10 minutes after he/she is created. It's also normal for the system to highlight the user for this very time while changing user's status from Ready to Updating.
If you cannot see the freshly created user 10 minutes after you've completed the operation, or if the status Updating doesn't change back to Ready 10-15 minutes after the updates have been saved, please contact our support team at email@example.com.
After you create a user, the system automatically sends an invitation letter to the given e-mail address. The letter contains all the links and brief onboarding information that will help user set the password, download the app and, in general, get into Entryfy.
Create new user
To add user, click .
The New user window opens.
This window consists of two sections:
And the sheet itself. By default, the general user information opens first:
To create a user, you must fill the e-mail, first name, and second name fields, and also choose the user role(s). User may have more than one role.
There are 4 user roles:
- Regular - permanent user that can enter mobile applications only.
- Admin - user that can enter Entryfy Board only.
- Operator - a user that has limited access to Entryfy Board only. Operators can only manage temporary access. Read more about it in the Temporary access article.
- Guest - a user that can enter Entryfy mobile applications only. Guest users are meant for short-term access. Learn more about Guest users in the Temporary access article.
To be able to open a door while being a system administrator, you will need to have both Regular and Admin roles assigned. Guest role should never be combined with any other role.
With the role(s) selected and required fields filled, you can:
- Push to finish the user addition procedure.
- Set up the time for the user activation and deactivation, assign a keycard to the user and add the user to a group.
Set up when user becomes valid and/or expires
To postpone user activation, use the calendar and set up the date and time when you want user's credentials to become valid. Learn more about calendar setup in the How to work with Entryfy Board's calendar? article. To set the date and time when user's credentials shall expire, use the calendar. These are optional fields, you can leave one or both of them empty.
"Valid from" and "Valid to" fields create a rule that overruns all other access rules. For example, if the user belongs to a group with a schedule allowing the access right now, this user won't be able to open a door if he or she is not valid at the moment. Users that are not valid at the moment are highlighted red.
User tab serves technical purposes. Pass it over.
Add a keycard to the user's profile
In Entryfy system, keycard is added in two steps:
- Keycard registration - keycard gets connected to a user's profile.
- Keycard assignment - keycard gets added to the list of credentials that can open the given door(s).
Each of the two actions can be performed by you, the administrator, or by the user via the mobile application.
Note: As an administrator, you can register a keycard only while creating a user. After is pushed, keycard can be added only by the user him/herself, with the help of the mobile app.
To register a keycard, go to the sheet.
There, you'll need to enter 3 keycards parameters:
- Value - Card hex - standard keycard parameter (optional).
- Number - Card number - standard keycard parameter (must).
- Label - Card name - the designation that the user will see in the mobile app. Serves user's convenience only.
While card number may (or may not) be printed on the card itself, card hex can only be extracted via a card reader - you can connect such a device to your computer via USB.
Double-check if the Card hex and Card number are correct. If there is a mistake, user will not be able to open a door.
Before you Save the user, you may also need to add user to Groups or Group sets. Make sure you've read the section below before you save the user because some of the actions will no longer be available once the user is saved.
With the user created and the keycard registered, you need to assign the keycard to the required doors. For that, click on the e-mail address of the user from the List of users.
You'll see detailed information about user, including user's Groups, Access logs, Audit logs, Credentials, Keycards and Permissions. Read more on these tabs below.
Click on the Keycards tab:
You'll see the keycard you've just registered. Click .
Then, you'll see a list of sites in your organization. Click on the SIte you need to expand the block. Read more about Sites in the Security devices article.
In the expanded block, you'll see a tree containing the Site, all the Sections that belong to the Site, all the Door controllers that belong to the Sections and all the Doors that belong to the Door controllers.
Select what exactly you want the given keycard to open and click .
After about 10 minutes, the keycard is ready for use.
Instantly add user to the groups/group sets
While creating, one more thing that you can do to a user is to add him/her to the already existing groups or group sets. You'll be able to add the user to groups later on, at the corresponding tab of the Entryfy board - Groups. Adding user to a Group set, on the other hand, is the activity you can perform only while creating the user. If you need a user being added to a Group set, make sure this Group set exists before creating a user.
Go to the sheet. There, you can choose from the list of existing groups or group sets. Never select both at the same time.
To suspend, delete or edit user, click in the right part of the user's strip.
Select the desired action from the list.
- Edit - you'll see the same window, you end up at after clicking . You're free to modify user's name and also "Valid from" and "Valid to" fields.
- Suspend - suspended user cannot enter the mobile app or open any doors he/she used to have access to. Suspended user has the status , meaning that user's credentials are only temporarily revoked. To restore all user's accesses, click Activate in the same submenu,
- Delete - remove user from the system entirely. All user's permissions get erased.
Get the detailed information about user's profile
On the homepage of the Users tab, you can check e-mail, first name, last name, role(s), status, keycards of the user, as well as dates: when user was created and when he/she is supposed to be activated or deactivated.
But you can get more data by:
- Clicking on the user's strip
- Clicking on the user's e-mail
In the first case, you'll see the expandable block with the following information:
- User ID
- Date and time when user was created and also the last time he/she was updated
- User role(s)
By clicking on the user's e-mail, you open the user's personal page, where you can go through the tabs:
- Groups - all the groups the user belongs to
- Access logs - when exactly user opened a door and which door it was
- Audit logs - when user logs in, when he/she received permissions, etc
- Keycards - what keycards belong to the user. Keycards can be assigned to doors only here.
- Permissions - all the doors the user has access to