Accesses is a tool for administrating both temporary and permanent access rules within the Entryfy Board.
Accesses come in two flavours, one is permanent and the other is temporary. If you want to create a temporary access you only need to define a valid_from and valid_to. What differs between a temporary and a permanent access is that the system will remove temporary accesses that have expired.
Use permanent accesses for:
- Organzing access controls for employees or residents
- Set unlock rules for doors during regular opening hours.
Use Temporary access for:
- Organizing non-regular events such as conferences, meetings, interviews, etc.
- Quick and convenient issuance of short-term credentials and users.
- Delegating limited Entryfy Board administrative capabilities to a not necessarily trusted third party.
Access is designed to provide Entryfy Board administrators with convenient and effective means of creating and managing access rules for their organization.
Set access rule
Access gets added in a few steps. You set a rule - inform the system when the rule or event (or a group of events) will take place, where will it be, who you expect to come and what sort of credentials you want users or visitors to use.
Note: An access can only include doors from one site. Multi-site functionality will be included in a future release.
- Select the auth types to be allowed for accesses by clicking . Read the auth types article to better understand pros and cons of various auth types.
- Push the "SET ACCESS RULE" button.
- Set the name for the rule. Description is optional.
- Set the time interval that the rule will be staying legitimate for. Note: For temporary access, you can also set a custom schedule according to the standard Schedule setup rules. In this case, temporary access credentials will stay valid only during the selected time intervals within the rule interval you've already set.
- Click . Select users. You're free to add both the users already having a profile in the system - just choose them from the list - and add new users right away. For that, click and type in the e-mail of the user you want to give access to. The Guest role user will be created and the invitation letter with further instructions will be sent to the specified e-mail address.
- Click . Select doors that the access credentials will be applicable to (the checkboxes in the left).
- If necessary, select which, out of the checked doors, must stay unlocked over the specified time using checkboxes in the right.
- If you need to select the exact auth type for each door and/or set different auth types for entry and exit, click . The submenu will open. Make changes and push .
You're free to modify the access rule at any time. Click on the name of the rule and switch among the sheets to implement the corresponding changes.
Note: If you add Guest users for the temporary access rule, make sure the allowed auth types include PIN or Show QR - guests receive email letters containing their personal PINs and QR codes, which allows them to open the doors without installing and setting up the app. If the system setup doesn't imply the use of any of these auth types, contact the Guest users directly and make sure they install the mobile application - it's the only way they will be able to use Remote or Scan QR. Read more about it in this article.
Accesses enables the setup of scheduled door unlock. Door unlock means that selected door(s) remains open over the specified time intervals.
Note: For the unlock to come into action, the access rule must embrace at least one user. Ideally, it should embrace all the visitors you expect to go through the given door. Keep in mind: If you leave the door unlocked, anyone can go through it and no logs will ever be made by the system.
Operator is a limited liability administrative role within Entryfy Board. This role is meant for limited-trust third parties that may need to directly participate in the process of guest list composition.
Creating a user, you, as an organization administrator, can give this user a role that allows entering only the Access tab of the Entryfy Board only for adding or removing users for the already set access rules.
Note: For the operator to do his or her job, the administrator must first add the rule with the following parameters set:
- The time span (schedule).
- Auth types.
Then, the Operator will be able to select users from the list of available users or create Guest users. The operator will also see all of the aforementioned parameters of the rule but will not be able to modify them in any way.
Guest user is intended for short-term access only. If the guest becomes a regular visitor, make sure his/her role is promoted to Regular on the Users tab.
Guest role user is created when Admin or Operator issues credentials through the Accesses tab, via the button.
In terms of Entryfy, Guest users differ from Regular users by the following:
- Guest users are not subjected to Punch clock.
- The system saves only a limited amount of data about Guest user activities.
- As identifier, Guest users need only e-mail address - first and second names are optional.
- Guest users have a static QR code - it can be shown right from the e-mail letter rather than the app.
- Guest users receive QR code, Passcode and PIN in the invitation letter - mobile app installation is optional.