Welcome to the Entryfy documentation pages. Here we describe the bases for our API, how to interact with it and what the different moving parts do.
At Entryfy we base our API on gRPC and protocol buffers. If you are new to gRPC and/or protocol buffers I would encourage you to read the official documentation at:
Entryfy is built to work asynchronous, as communications with IoT devices can be prone to delay or interruption, there won't be an immediate response with a resources identifier. Instead developers are encouraged to use UUID, universally unique identifier, to identity and query for resources in Entryfy.
To get started you will need the following:
- gRPC installed on your development machine.
- Use the instructions, for your language of choice, at https://grpc.io/docs/quickstart/
- An organization account and organization administrative user account setup at our Entryfy staging environment.
- Please reach out at email@example.com to get help setting up an account and getting a controller to experiment with.
- Checked out our protocol buffer files.
- These are available for free at github.com/Entryfy/ta_orgapi.git
- Get familiar with the concepts to use the system correctly.
- Read through our concepts at http://support.entryfy.com/hc
Entryfy follows a micro service pattern with different services loosely coupled that are responsible for different functionality. Two are these are public facing and described below.
Account service is responsible for identity management, mobile device management and sessions management. This is the endpoint which you authentication your user and request password resets.
Organization service is responsible for credential management, log management, hardware device management and user group management.
All calls to the API will require an authenticated user. To authenticate a user you will to login against our Account API with your administrative users credentials.
An authentications token will be returned upon a successful authentication request which need to be used in the request against our services.