Android and iOS Entryfy apps do not differ in terms of functionality, capabilities, features or anything else of a critical nature. There are only minor interface and navigation differences, which is why all of the information given below is equally relevant for Android and iOS devices users.
Authentication & biometrics
In order to use the app, you need to authenticate. Every time you're entering the app, you need to either type in the password or authenticate using the biometrics - fingerprint (Android), Touch ID (iOS) or Face ID (iOS). This is for security reasons - even if you lose the device, your credentials are protected and nobody can open the door using your personal profile.
By default, only password authentication is on. You can switch on the biometrical authentication the first time you're logging in. Then, you're free to switch it on/off at any time, using the Settings tab.
Internet & GPS requirements
Data transfer between your device and Entryfy cloud servers happens thanks to the internet. That's why it's generally important for the device interacting with Entryfy to stay online. How often and when exactly your device must stay online depends. Requirements to the GPS signal also depend.
For users that do not have Remote, Remote + PIN, Scan QR or Scan QR + PIN permissions:
The general guidelines are:
- Your device must stay online the first time you're logging in. If you switch the biometrical authentication on, subsequent logins can be accomplished while offline. If you don't use biometrical authentication, the device must stay online every time you're logging in.
- Make sure your device is online at least a few times a day, especially if you're planning to use your credentials during the day - the system may have updates that must reach your app for the credentials to stay valid and protected.
For users that do have Remote, Remote + PIN, Scan QR or Scan QR + PIN permissions:
Everything stated above, plus:
- To apply any of these four credentials, you need to have reliable internet and the GPS connection about 10 minutes prior to the door open attempt and also during the attempt.
Scan QR and Remote can be deactivated or activated on the Settings tab. If you don't allow the app to gain access to your location, neither Scan QR nor Remote will be activated. That's to prevent the door open by the users that aren't actually nearby the door.
Entryfy notifies you when important things happen.
- Access notifications - delivered after your personal credentials are used (successfully or not) for opening a door. It's normal for the notification to be delivered five minutes or so after you actually opened the door. If you receive "Access granted" or "Access denied" notification but you didn't actually enter the door prior to that, contact your system administrator immediately.
- Permission updates - delivered after organization administrator granted, revoked or modified your permissions to enter a door. Check the Permissions tab every time you receive permissions-related notification. It's normal for permissions-related notifications to be delivered at any time.
- Credential updates - delivered after organization administrator modified your valid credentials. For example, switched you from Keycard to Scan QR or made your Show QR applicable to more doors. Check the Credentials tab every time you receive Credential-related notifications.
By default, all notifications are on. You can switch them off or on at any time on the Settings tab.
QR code tab
Use this tab to open the door via Scan QR, Scan QR + PIN and Show QR credentials.
Just show the QR code on the screen to the camera at the door at a distance of 10-20 centimeters. If needed, increase the screen brightness by tapping on the icon in the top right corner to make the QR code more recognizable to the camera.
For the Scan QR, push the button and then scan the QR code nearby the door. If requested, type in your personal PIN - you can check it at the Credentials tab.
If you belong to more than one organization in terms of Entryfy, switch between them by swiping the QR code right or left. The organization's name at the top reflects the switch.
Use this tab to check which doors, when and with what credentials you can enter and also to use the Remote open.
On the permissions tab, you see the list of doors you have access to. For each door, the tab shows you the name of the door, the schedule according to which you can enter the door and also the entry credential for the door.
Note: You may have access to 1 door according to 2 or more different schedules and also via 2 or more different credentials.
Tap on a door to get more detailed information about your schedules, the exit credentials and also to open the door using Remote.
Use this tab to:
- Add and manage keycard(s).
Open up a submenu using an icon in the top right corner. Follow the instructions. You're free to add as many keycards (RFID tags, etc) as you want. However, you cannot assign more than 1 keycard to the given door at a time.
To use keycards, you must have the corresponding Permissions. If none of your Permissions allows you to open a door via Keycard or Keycard + PIN, you won't be allowed to assign keycards to any doors. When you assign a new keycard to the same door, the old keycard is automatically unassigned.
Note: You may have the keycard already registered and assigned - the system allows the organization administrator to assign a keycard to your profile. If the app claims that you have a keycard, you must actually physically possess it.
You're responsible for the keycard assigned to your profile. Make sure only you actually use your keycard. Never hand your personal keycard to anyone else.
- Check, add or modify the PIN(s).
When the administrator creates your profile, your personal PIN is automatically generated. You have the sole PIN for both, discrete PIN Permissions and combined (Keycard + PIN, Scan QR + PIN or Remote + PIN) Permissions.
Entryfy PIN has no relation to your SIM card's PIN.
You're free to change the PIN, its name and also change its assignment. To create a PIN, use the icon in the top right corner. Only one of your PINs can be valid at a time. When you assign a new PIN to the same door, the old PIN is automatically unassigned.
You're responsible for the PIN assigned to your profile. Never share your personal PIN with anyone else.
- Check and regenerate your 8-digits passcode.
Passcode is the emergency credential intended to be used if other regular credentials aren't applicable at the moment - for example, you have no internet for the Scan QR or forgot your keycard at home. It's unique, generated automatically and never visible to anyone except for you.
Passcode is by default applicable to every door you have access to. However, it's not supposed to be used on a regular basis.
You're responsible for the Passcode assigned to your profile. Never share your personal Passcode with anyone else. If the Passcode has been obtained by a third party, regenerate it as soon as possible by tapping on the "Generate new passcode" button.
Activity tab shows the history of your profile's activity. Activity depicts both, the actions taken by yourself, such as door open or passcode regeneration, and also the actions taken by the system administrators in relation to your profile. Activity takes time to be updated.
It's normal for the new records to appear 5-10 minutes after you actually took the action.
Use this tab to:
- Activate and deactivate biometrical authentication.
- Switch the Remote and Scan QR on and off.
- Set the default screen - choose what you want to open first every time you enter the app.
- Reset password - the identical to the Log in screen functionality.
- Log out - if you want to untie the given device from your account.
Note: The first time you're entering the app, the device is marked by the system. If you enter the same profile from a new device, the mark from the old device is moved to the new device and the organization administrator is informed that a new device has been used by the given profile. The same happens if you log out and then log in using the same device.
Don't use Log out routinely. Just press your smartphone's Home button or leave the screen in any other way - the app will automatically end the session and your credentials will be locked until you authenticate again.