Security devices is a section of the Entryfy system, where you can manage sites, sections, door controllers, and doors belonging to your organization and also check & manage the current status of door controllers.
There are a few concepts we need to clarify before we describe how to manage them.
- Site - A site in Entryfy is a geographical location where you want to manage access control. You can define a time zone and GPS coordinates for your site when creating or editing your site.
- Section - A section is a logical segmentation of a site into different parts; for example, it could be a floor.
- Door Controller - This is a software representation of an Axis Network Door Controller
- Door - This is a software representation of a door that the above hardware controls.
Here you will find all sites associated with the Organization that you can manage. If you have doors, but a site is not shown, it was shared with your organization from another organization.
To create a new site, press the Create New Site in the top right of the screen and fill in the required information described below.
- Name - The name of the site is required
- Description - A description of the site is optional
- GPS restrict Remote & Scan QR - If you wish to geofence Remote Open & Scan QR is optional
- Latitude - The latitude of the site from which we will calculate max distance
- Longitude - The longitude of the site from which we will calculate the max distance
- Remote Open max distance (m) - Diameter of the area in which Remote Open & Scan QR will be allowed
To create a new section, press the Create New Section in the top right of the screen and fill in the required information described below.
- Name - The name of the section is required
- Description - A description of the section is optional
Here you will see a list of all door controllers your organization can control. You will see a list with name, description, status, and a three-dot menu.
To add an Axis Network Door Controller, press the three-dot menu on the section, press Add controller, and follow the wizard to configure your door controller through the cloud.
The status will indicate if the door controller is connected to the cloud. There can also be a tool symbol that would mean the device is put into maintenance mode.
This is an automated action our system can take to prevent disturbance to our platform when network connectivity or the device is underperforming.
The system will send an email to warn when door controllers have been put to maintenance mode to all hardware managers in the organization.
To remove it from maintenance mode, press the three-dot menu and press Put of from maintenance.
Doors are automatically added when configured through the door controller wizard. You get the menu by clicking the three-dot menu and pressing Edit.
You can configure the allowed authentication types for entry and exit and if the door could be unlocked by schedule when setting up an Access.
You can share doors with other organizations in Entryfy. You can either choose to select from a list of sub-organizations you have created or ask another organization for their slug.
You get the menu by clicking the three-dot menu and pressing Share Door. You can configure the allowed authentication types for entry and exit and if the door could be unlocked by schedule when setting up an Access.